The North Brunswick Public Library is excited about the increasing interest in ebooks! To provide patrons with more copies of popular books, to appeal to readers who are travelling or who take out many books at a time, or those who just want to see what all the fuss is about, we have purchased 2 Kindles and 3 Nooks for you to check out!
Patrons who are 17 or older who have a North Brunswick Public Library card with $3.00 or less in fines can check one out. Just see a staff member at the Reference Desk and sign your eReader Borrowers Agreement.
The ereaders are preloaded with a selection of popular titles. Click the Nook/Kindle number link below to see a listing of all the current titles available. These lists are constantly changing, so keep on checking back.
And if that wasn’t enough, you can even place the eReaders on hold. If you do that, you can request a book to be added to the device. So no more waiting in long hold lines!
The Fine Print (Policies and Procedures)
Devices are limited to one per household and have a loan period of 21 days. They cannot be renewed. A returned device must remain available in the library for 24 hours before the same patron, or another patron living in the same household, may check it out again.
Devices are available at the Reference Desk from the time of opening until 1 hour before the library closes. Devices must be returned in person to the Reference Desk and should never be returned to another library or in the book drop.
The Library is not responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from the use of the device. Any use of the device for illegal purposes, unauthorized copying of copyright protected material in any format, or transmission of threatening, harassing, defamatory or obscene materials is strictly prohibited.
The Library is not responsible for anything you put or leave on our equipment. Personal data should be removed before the device is returned.
The eReaders are preloaded with a selection of popular titles. Patrons should not attempt to purchase any content or download any apps. Patrons should not add a passcode to the eReader.
Please note that by accepting this agreement, you agree to the fine schedule listed below:
Kindle Paperwhite Nook Simple Touch
Kindle Paperwhite (3rd Generation) – $120.00 NookSimpleTouch- 170.00
Kindle Case – $16.00 Nook Case – $16.00
USB Charging Cable – $20.00 USB Charging Cable – $20.00
Charging Bloc – $20.00 Charging Bloc – $20.00
Carrying Case – $4.00 Carrying Case – $4.00
- These prices are in effect as of March 2017. The pricing schedule may be adjusted as needed once a year.
- The overdue fine is $5.00 per day. The maximum fine is $50 (10 days overdue).
- If the eReader kit is returned with pieces missing, the fine will be $1.00 per item, per day with a maximum of $14.00. When the fine reaches $14.00, the patron will be billed for the missing pieces.
- Under no circumstances may fines or charges accrued as a result of loss/damage/late return be waived for any patron.
- If the entire kit is lost or not returned after the 14 day overdue period, the patron’s account will be charged $180 for the Kindle Paperwhite or $230 for the Nook Simple Touch.
- If the eReader screen is returned damaged, $180 for the Kindle Paperwhite or $230 for the Nook Simple Touch will be charged.
- The North Brunswick Library will not accept replacement Kindles, Nooks or accessories purchased by the patron.
- The software and settings may not be altered and nothing can be added or removed from the Kindle or Nook’s internal storage.
- If the Kindle or Nook is not returned in the condition it was loaned to the patron; the patron is responsible for any associated cost for repair or maintenance, including, but not limited to a cracked screen or dented/cracked casing.
If you have any questions, please call the Reference Desk at 732-803-9096 for more information.