With eLibraryNJ, you can borrow and enjoy free eBooks, audiobooks, and more from the library’s school’s digital collection. All you need to get started is an internet connection, and your library card and PIN.
1. Download the OverDrive app from your app store and sign up for an Overdrive account using the following steps.
- Please select the “Sign up using library card” button in red.
- Enter North Brunswick Public Library in the text box that appears and select it from the list that will generate.
- Since eLibraryNJ services all libraries in New Jersey, You will then need to select “Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium” there will be NO LISTING for the North Brunswick Public Library.
- Enter your Library Card and PIN Number.
- Confirm that you are 13 or older.
- Get to searching!
In some instances, (i.e. using a Kindle Fire) you will need to have an Adobe ID so you can read ebooks on your phone. Its a free account, click here to get an ID.
- Titles can be checked out for 21 days. Titles can be renewed three times (for 21 days each time) if no one is one a waiting list.
- 6 Items can be checked out an one time.
- Most titles are always available and can be checked out as often as you want.
Most of the titles are always available and do not require a hold. For the small number of one copy/one user titles, a Hold button will display if the title is checked out. To place a hold, click or tap the hold button. A success message will be displayed along with your place in line. For your convenience, eLibraryNJ will automatically checkout the title to your account. An email stating the title is available for download will be sent to the email address you have on file. When you receive the email you can look in your “Bookshep” items to download your selection.
For more help downloading books, click here for OverDrive’s help page.